Is this really all that much to ask?
- No schedules
- No classes
- No bells
- No grades
- No Grades
- No building
- Full inquiry-based learning
- Student-interest driven
- Community-focused problem generation and solving.
- Credits given by local community college
- Portfolio based binary assessment (every student leaves with a sweet FirstnameSurname.com to show off how their projects map back to Common Core standards)
- Teachers as project mentors and managers
- Healthy online repository of curated awesome.
- Only necessary face-to-face time.
Ok. I want 100 students, 4 full-time educators, 4 consulting educators, and the use of some coworking space.
Tuition is something like $3k/year, $5k if you also sponsor a student who can’t pay.
Oh, and probably $500k to start. Anyone? VC? Angels? Iowa City?